Facial acupuncture, or cosmetic acupuncture, is one of the wonderful timeless beauty therapies practised by the Chinese since the Sung Dynasty (960-1279AD). It is also said to be one of the basic TCM methods for preserving the youth and beauty of royalties such as Empress Dowager Cixi and the only female emperor in Chinese history, Wu Ze Tian.
Even till today, this method has been highly popular among celebrities like Madonna, Cher and Gwyneth Paltrow who are said to have committed to their weekly facial acupuncture sessions to diminish their wrinkles.
While most information surrounding the effectiveness of facial acupuncture is anecdotal, a 1996 research reported in the International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture showed that 90 percent of 300 individuals who tried facial acupuncture saw positive results, including the softening of facial lines, reduction of dark under-eye circles, improvement in skin tone and a natural radiance.
What can Acupuncture Facial do?
Here’s a list of the wonderful benefits of facial acupuncture:
- Firm sagging skin
- Minimise fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce double chin
- Slim face
- Resculpt facial features
- Reduce undereye dark circles and puffiness
- Tighten pores
- Improve hormone-based skin conditions
- Treat dry skin and/or oily skin acne
- Lighten spots and scars
- Overall, improving skin complexion, giving it a healthy glow
How does Facial Acupuncture achieve the above?
- Firming skin: by using acupuncture to increase muscle tone
- Minimising wrinkles, fine lines and pores: by needling the area of concern to stimulate cells to produce new collagen and elastin fibres to fill up the area
- Lightening dark eye circles, under eye puffiness and spots, improving skin complexion: by detoxifying and regulating the “energy blockage” which is causing area to darken
- Achieving a natural & healthy glow: by increasing blood circulation to face, which carries fresh oxygen and nutrients to nourish skin
- Reducing size of face and resculpting facial features: by employing the fat-burning effect of acupuncture
- Treating hormone-based skin conditions: by rebalancing the hormonal systems
- Restoring balance to body and creating a sense of well-being: by balancing the organ systems through face-mapping (in which acupuncturing different facial parts affects different internal organ systems)
Why Facial Acupuncture?
- It is safe
- It is non-invasive
- It is not expensive
- It restores balance to the body, creating a sense of overall well-being
Why acupuncture over chemicals and knife?
Facial acupuncture stimulates the body’s own healing capability and aging-reversal powers. Since patients do not take chemicals or undergo anaesthesia and surgery, there’s little, if any, controversy over the safety of this method, not to mention side effects.
Furthermore, facial acupuncture does not only treat your face, it also works to balance your whole body and organ systems and get them working well. This is so that your face can exhibit the healthy glow from within, and not just skin deep.
This 100% natural method that rejuvenates your face and helps you look younger requires time and effort. Ideally, it is recommended for patients to complete 1 course of 20 sessions, visiting every alternate day, for 20 to 30 minutes per session. If you are unable to visit every other day, you can opt to visit once or twice a week. However, spreading out the treatment frequency may require more treatment sessions for the effect of acupuncture to accumulate.
Are you ready to needle back the hands of time?
Try our Facial Acupuncture now at $68.
More questions? Let us know if the comments below!