Optimise Your Peak Performance In Sports Through TCM

With competition amongst athletes getting fiercer than ever, more and more athletes are looking for alternatives like TCM to enhance sporting performance. Intensive workout can lead to muscle soreness, strain, sprain or even trigger old injuries.

Physician Klaryce shares with us how TCM can help to speed up the process of recovery and regulate overall body wellness to improve the athletic capacity of the body.

Read more

Understanding Cough and its Remedies

Coughing is your body’s natural reaction to clear irritants in your throat and airways. According to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) theory, the lungs are delicate organs and are most susceptible to be affected by external pathogens or factors.

Physician Kang Ting shares with us acupoints that can help relieve the symptoms and other lifestyle tips.

Read more

Runner’s Knee: A TCM Approach

Runner’s Knee is a set of symptoms most commonly seen in long-time runners. It is characterised by pain in front of the kneecap, sometimes spreading to the sides or the back of the knee, which worsens when walking downhill or down the stairs. 

The pain can also manifest as a sharp “clicking” pain while bending and straightening the knees especially during exercise. With the introduction of more trendy aerobic exercises like HIITs, spin classes, MMA gyms and the like, there has been a significant increase in patients suffering from Runner’s knee.

Read more

Lower Back Pain Management

Lower back pain (LBP) has become increasingly prevalent and affects people from all walks of life. It is characterised by pain localised in the region between the lower margins of the 12th rib and the gluteal fold. 

LBP is commonly associated with our lumbar vertebrae or the muscles and nerves surrounding it. The lumbar vertebrae are the larger and heavier segments of our spine. It supports the upper body weight while allowing movements around the area. 

Read more

PULSE Your Tea Series: Chrysanthemum Tea

Chrysanthemum Teas are what we would usually be told to drink when you feel like you are getting heaty (上火). For example, when you feel an oncoming sore throat, dry mouth, acne outbreak or when your eyes feel tired and sore. However, there are many kinds of chrysanthemum flowers out there in the market and you might be confused as to which type of chrysanthemum flower is best for your symptoms.

The different types of chrysanthemum flowers are all able to expel wind heat, clear heat, and to brighten the eyes. However, different flowers are more suited for different types of functions. Fret not, because in this article, we will be sharing what types of Chrysanthemum flowers are out there and which should be used for different situations.

Read more

Managing Stress the TCM Way

Managing_Stress_The_TCM_Way_1

Stress is an all too familiar part of life in Singapore. According to the 2019 Cigna 360 Well-Being Survey, a staggering 92 per cent of working Singaporeans reported feeling stressed at work, highlighting the prevalence of stress in today’s society.

Read more

Managing Cholesterol with TCM

What is cholesterol?

Cholesterol is a waxy substance and it is a crucial building block in cell membranes. 

Cholesterol comes from two sources. Your liver makes about 80% of the cholesterol you need to stay healthy. The remaining 20% of the cholesterol in your body comes from the food you eat. 

Read more

TCM for De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis (妈妈手)

TCM-for-Ma-Ma-shou-Banner
What is De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis?

De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis, commonly known as “Mother’s Hand” (妈妈手) is a painful condition affecting the tendons around the base on the thumb side of your wrist.  It occurs when there is inflammation in the tenosynovium and tendons in the wrist. 

Read more

The Importance of Sleep and Consequences of Inadequate Sleep

Have you ever wondered why we need sleep? Is there a primary function of sleep? Or does sleep serve many functions? 

In modern society today, most people do not get enough rest. We can stay up all night to work, study, or have fun and neglect sleep. However, most people do not know that a lack of rest, especially on a regular basis; can have many short-term and long-term consequences/effects. 

Read more

Get in touch!