Fertility Planning TCM Programme
The joy of being a new parent can be described as one of the greatest joys. Many newly-wed couples find themselves bewildered when they’re unable to conceive after that they have stopped using contraceptives. TCM treatment methods to help increase the chance of conceiving include acupuncture, moxibustion, cupping and herbal prescriptions. The programme will be tailored to your body condition and it may be one treatment or a combination of two. Typically, acupuncture and herbal medication are used.
This 10-session Fertility Planning TCM Programme is priced at $1300.
WHAT IS INFERTILITY?
Infertility is defined by the inability to get pregnant after 12 months of unprotected sex. Both men and women have equal chances of being infertile. For pregnancy to happen:
1. Ovulation must first take place: when a mature egg is released from the ovary
2. The sperm must travel far enough into the fallopian tube to fertilise the egg
3. The fertilised egg travels through the fallopian tube towards the uterus
4. Pregnancy begins when the fertilised egg implants in the womb
Problems with any of these steps cause infertility. The common causes of female infertility include uterine fibroids, blocked fallopian tubes, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). The common causes of male infertility include erectile dysfunction, insufficient sperm production, low sperm motility.
Lifestyle factors such as smoking, drinking, diet, stress can affect a person’s fertility as well. The cause of infertility is often considered unknown for cases where both couples are healthy yet unable to conceive. Acupuncture and herbal prescriptions are frequently used to improve energy levels, blood circulation and reduce stress for the couple. The couple is encouraged to come for treatments together.
HOW CAN TCM HELP?
For females, TCM helps:
✔ Regulate the menstrual cycle and ovulation
✔ Improve the quality of eggs produced in the ovaries
✔ Strengthen the womb
✔ Improve the condition of the endometrial lining for implantation of the egg
✔ Increase success rates for IVF
For males, TCM helps:
✔ Increase virility
✔ Boost confidence
✔ Improve the quality and viability of sperms
WHAT TO EXPECT?
Each visit to our clinic will require approximately 30 minutes to 1 hr of your time. Sessions consist of a consultation and the treatment itself. The treatments may take up to 45 minutes. After which, a TCM prescription will be dispensed to you.
In evaluating one’s fertility, a physician will ask questions which includes:
• Timeframe of trying to conceive
• Regularity of menstrual period
• Prior pregnancies and/or miscarriages
• Presence of pelvic/lower abdominal pain or cramps
• Any abnormality in the discharge situation
• Any medical condition or history of pelvic surgery
• Reports/check-up with a gynaecologist
• Timeframe of trying to conceive
• Past injury to testicles or penis
• Any medical condition or past surgery
• Reports/check-up with a urologist
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I VISIT?
It is recommended that the couple come twice a week for acupuncture or other treatments. If this is not possible, it would be good to come for treatments at least once a week. Our programme consists of 10 treatment sessions. These treatments can be done concurrently with IVF. Herbal prescriptions are not considered part of the programme but it is strongly encouraged that prescriptions be taken as advised by our physicians.
FERTILITY PLANNING WITH TCM
The possible causes of not conceiving a child, and TCM and lifestyle tips