The function of Yellow Chrysanthemum Flower is to dispel ‘Wind-Heat’ and it is usually used for people with ‘Wind-Heat’ type of cold. You can take it if you are experiencing the following symptoms: Fever, cough, sore throat or headaches.
- Yellow Chrysanthemum flowers (黄菊花, Huang Ju Hua) 8g
- Japanese Honeysuckle (金银花, Jin Yin Hua) 6g
- Mint (薄荷, Bo He) 3g
- Malva Nut (胖大海, Pang Da Hai) 6g
- Licorice (甘草, Gan Cao) 2-3 pieces
- Soak Malva Nut in hot water until it has expanded fully. Remove the seed and outer layer of Malva Nut.
- Add all the ingredients into a cup and pour boiling water over it. Let it steep for 10-15 minutes before consumption.
Please note that this tea is not meant for long term consumption. It is only meant to help relieve the symptoms of Wind Heat flu. As the tea is cooling in nature, it is not suitable for individuals who feel cold easily or have digestive issues. Note: Contraindicated in pregnant women.